What is ePERB?
In order to file a new charge or document with PERB, you must set up an account and create a username and password. You may set up a single-user individual account or you may set up a multiple-user account (recommended for law firms or large organizations). To get started, click on Create an Account.
If you already have an account with PERB, click on Login Now. Once logged in, you may access all the cases you are a party to, file a new charge, or file documents regarding an existing charge. You may use your existing account to file a new case; you do not need to create a new account each time.
If you forgot your username or password, click here.
Help With ePERB
If you need technical assistance, or if you have questions about using ePERB, please email us here
1. The Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) requires that you mail hard copies of all e-filed documents to the appropriate PERB Regional Office. (PERB Regulations 32075, 32122, 32123, 32124 and 32612.) PERB’s regulations are located here. The preferred format for submitting documents via e-filing is Adobe’s Portable Document Format (*.pdf) that is text searchable. Each e-filed document must not exceed the size limits specified in PERB regulations. Any document submitted electronically to PERB should be complete. Any attachments to an electronic document must be converted into electronic form and included as part of the document. Attachments should not be filed separately from the electronic document.
2. Unless otherwise specified in PERB’s regulations, all e-filed documents must be served on other interested parties to your case and must include a proof of service showing how any document was served on the other parties. (PERB Regulation 32140.) A user may electronically serve e-filed documents on an interested party only if that party has agreed to accept service electronically in that action.
3. Please redact or remove any non-essential sensitive personally identifiable information before uploading an e-filing. Examples include: full date of birth, full social security numbers, full taxpayer-identification number, full credit card or debit numbers, driver’s license numbers, and the full names of minors. However, a party should substitute non-sensitive and de-identified placeholders (e.g., initials of minors) if needed to make a document(s) more understandable. All e-filed documents that are not in a native format due to redactions or modifications should be noted on the document by the filing party.
4. All users of the e-PERB system are responsible for taking reasonable steps to prevent sending any material to PERB that contains a computer virus.
5. Unless otherwise specified, a document will be considered timely filed if the e-filing receipt reflects that the entire document was received via e-PERB before 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time Zone on the due date. (After 11:59 p.m. on the due date is considered the beginning of the next business day.)
6. User Problems: Generally, PERB will not excuse an untimely filing due to, e.g., (a) problems with a user’s telephone lines, internet service provider, hardware, or software; (b) user problems in understanding or following the e-filing instructions; or (c) rejection of a document because it contains a virus. Further, any user’s noncompliance with PERB’s regulations regarding proper e-filing also does not excuse an untimely filing. A user that is unable to e-file a document because of user problems may submit their documents in person at any of PERB’s regional offices only during PERB’s normal business hours; however, it is ultimately the user’s responsibility to file his/her documents before close of business on the due date.
7. Disclaimer: All users must adhere to all protocols and guidelines set forth in these terms and specified in PERB’s regulations, including but not limited to rules for proper filing and serving of e-filed documents. PERB assumes no responsibility for user problems or errors. PERB also disclaims any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy of information that may be contained on this internet service website. The information referenced on this page is subject to change without notice to the user. PERB makes no representations or warranties regarding the condition or functionality of this website service, its suitability for use, or that this website service will be uninterrupted or error-free. In no event shall PERB be liable for any damages, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of the use of, or the inability to use this internet service website.
8. Disclosure of Information: Information provided PERB by a user through this website portal may be subject to California’s public records law and other state and federal laws governing records disclosure/confidentiality for public entities.
9. After completing the e-filing process, the user will receive a confirmation e-mail message and reference number. Please manage your junk or SPAM folder to locate receipt of such confirmation e-mail messages.
- Contact Us